Sunday, November 4, 2012

greetings all,

looks like it's been a few YEARS since I've written anything! holy lazy blogger, Batman!

speaking of Batman, my old friend the cat from North Dakota has gone to meet his maker. I guess he wasn't fast enough to get out of the way when the car that crushed him sped by and never even slowed down. nary a brake light did we see...bastards. he was a darn good cat, for 15 years he patrolled the neighborhood keeping those evil tree-rats and a few regular rats at bay.  I miss him.

the puppy and old dags are well, Bleu turned out to be a girl dag, and she's a durn good 'un. The Rev brought home an orphan mutt from the alley behind her old job, and she is Fawn Liebowitz, back from the dead. silly lil thing and definitely NOT a black dag. first NOT black dag I've had in forever. really can't remember when, must have been all the way back in New Mexico days. Bleu is just useless as a life coach so Jake has to take up all the slack. they're good friends to us and we are thankful for them.

things here at the Compound are mosey-ing right along. no big news.

I'm still at the Metz's and have since bought and sold a share of another bar since I was last here. we're in the process of getting the math and recipes together to take a stab at opening a lil restaurant, A Cajun Soul Eatery. The Rev's coon ass cookin' and some of our friend Joe's home style southern Georgia grub. we just need a few good customers and we'll be alright, I reckon, both he and she are damn fine cooks and I can figure out the maths. we'll open sometime after the new year, hopefully in time for the next season, if we can get it all organized by then. wish us luck, we'll surely need it. I read that 80% of new businesses fail, with a lil luck we won't. she wants it real badly and I'll do what it takes to help her, whatever it takes. 

the big red bike broke down a few months ago, so I've been bummed a bit, but the old Sporty is getting spruced up and should be running soon. knock wood. having issues with the front brakes, but I'll figure it out, or I'll get help figurin'.

the Heep needs a new master cylinder and the dang old Mystery Machine's tranny broke, so thank the Gods for a great friend in Craig Belcher, who just plain gave us an old Honda. seems he won't need it having moved to Cali a few months back so....I guess it'll be ours. can't thank him enough for the hand up he's given us, just hope we can find a way to repay the kindness in the future. he's found a beautiful life out there and we wish him and his new family well, it's the  happiest I've seen him since we met oh those many years ago.

well, it seems I've gotten a cramp from all the typing, and I've caught you up on our lives, so i guess that's all the news that fit to print. I'll try to keep you posted a bit more.

enjoy the life you have, it's the only one you get.
rainman

No comments: